Today, it is imperative for companies to consider and understand how compensation models will be evaluated by government entities, institutional investors, and the public. Our Governance solutions within Equilar Insight supplies companies with powerful tools to analyze, measure, and prepare for how pay strategies will be viewed by these critical stakeholders.
Pay for Performance
Equilar Insight provides the most thorough pay for performance view with an exclusive relationship with Glass Lewis & Co. and a number of Institutional Investors. In July 2012, Glass Lewis began using Equilar Market Peers in formulating its own Say on Pay recommendations for investors. Both institutional investors and issuer companies alike will benefit from the increased level of sophistication in pay for performance analysis and increased data transparency in the proxy advisory market.
- Glass Lewis – Simulate your Glass Lewis grade with your actual peer group and access your Glass Lewis report immediately or be alerted when it is available (a $5,000 value). You will be able to request up to 16 reports ($80,000 value per year).
- ISS – Performance quantitative Pay for Performance simulations under ISS' recently disclosed methodology. Includes the Pay-TSR Alignment test, Relative Degree of Alignment and Multiple of Median tests, as well as simulated ISS peers with Equilar's GICS license.
- Institutional Investors - Institutional Investors' proxy voting teams are now leveraging the Equilar P4P profile to analyze their portfolio companies' Pay for Performance alignment. Often our model is the driving force in the quantitative portion of their analysis given it gives them the flexibility of comparing different pay calculations, peer groups, and time periods.
Relative Standing, Based on Industry-Set Equity Burn Rate Methodology
- Benchmark your company's burn rate and dilution levels against those of your peers, or other industry standards
- Monitor movement in aggregate levels of option and restricted stock activity
- Use custom overhang and dilution ratios to measure one- and three-year burn rate statistics
Proxy Voting Analytics
Tracks Say on Pay and other voting results for you in real-time
- Review your peers' share requests and other incentive-plan proposal results
- Analyze the relationship between pay for performance and voting results
- Identify key financial and pay metrics that may influence voting outcomes
Total Shareholder Return (TSR) Calculator
- Enter in customized TSR date ranges and match it to incentive plan cycles
- The tool also produces a Stock Performance Graph
Shareholder Value Transfer NEW
Model share requests to align with shareholder expectations
- Project your Shareholder Value Transfer with simple step-by-step instructions
- Analyze the levers that affect the cost of equity plans by utilizing a transparent valuation methodology
- Benchmark against customizable peer groups or industry peers